We follow CoRE Rules of Engagement
1) No mounts
2) No magic jewellery
No magic items
No Runic even if you have blacksmith
3) Normal explosion potions may only be used by GM Alchemists; Greater explosion potions are banned
4) Mages/Necromancers/Paladins are not allowed to use summons or area spells for aid in fighting.
5) Assassins limited to Greater poison only on blades. Deadly and therefore Lethal should only be used in agreement between the assassin and his quarry as part of a storyline.
6) No OOC talking in game
7) No complaining
CoRE Rules of Conduct (RoC)
1) Stay In Character (IC) at all times. Remember what your character's background is, and act and speak in a manner appropriate to that.
2) Keep all OOC talk in party or ICQ. [Square brackets] should only be used as a very last resort.
3) The RoE and Combat rules must be followed when involved in a combat situation.
4) No profanity or OOC insulting, neither to an enemy nor to each other; we are a community of friends first and foremost. This applies equally to in game, via party or on the message boards.
5) Complaints, grievances or any other issues should be brought to the attention of your respective Guildmaster or Assistant Guildmasters via ICQ or PM, preferably after any event is over.
6) All skills for every character must be shown on the MyUO section of UO.com.
7) When recalling or gating to Vesper or Trinsic, use the moongates or another location several screens away from town as your point of arrival. Do not use runes marked just outside the town gates or inside town unless you are in an extreme hurry.
A couple of lesser points, specific to Darkcloaks: it is a good idea to carry some DP potions, in case you are ever captured by an enemy. We do not give our secrets away under torture. By knocking yourself out using the DP, you can make sure of this (at least for half an hour ).
Important: We may be classed as “evil”, but we should not be mistaken for your average “we are evil, we have come to destroy the world, muhahahah”-type guild. We follow the Master. If he chooses to take over the world then of course we will help him in this, but he will not be so stupid as to tell anyone of his intentions until it is already too late and we are in charge.
Our way is not open assault, but trickery and manipulation.
CoRE Rules of Engagement (RoE)
The CoRE RoE have to be adhered to at all times. The only exception is if the guildmasters have agreed any other temporary RoE for the duration of a certain scenario, and only if those RoE do not violate the rules of engagement of those guilds with other guilds. Any violations of the RoE are to be handled by the GMs involved.
All CoRE Member Guilds will be warred to all other CoRE Member Guilds. Guilds are free to war any non-CoRE Guild of their choice outside of this ring.
1) Before attacking any other character, make sure they are logged in, at their keyboard, and aware they are about to come under attack. Before attacking, make sure you give a short warning “Halt!” “Have at you”, "You are under arrest", etc, and make sure they react to it. These rules do not apply to assassins working on a contract agreed by the Guildmasters concerned, assassins will be able to attack from a hidden position.
Assassins should ensure that the person knows there is a bounty on them OOC, though definitely not IC. This ensures that the person will be OOC aware of the situation, and they won’t be daft enough to stand AFK, leaving the matter of an assassination open to a griefing claim of “I wasn’t there!!”
2) Your guild abbreviation has to be visible at all times.
3) Players must be given an alternative to PvP, they cannot be forced to fight. A player may choose to refuse PvP through appropriate RP, ie a victim could run away, or plead for mercy. In that case, the aggressor should take fitting action, such as demanding payment, take the victim prisoner, or chase him away etc.
4) The insides of healers and banks are considered neutral grounds; you may not attack or RP out alternatives there.
5) Make sure that any fallen players are resurrected and allowed to loot their bodies as soon as possible. It’s a good idea to have a rune marked to a healers so you can gate ghosts to be resurrected.
6) If you get knocked unconscious (killed to the more brutal minded) IC,
then you are considered injured for thirty minutes. In that time you may not join
the battle, or do any other demanding chores IC. You may RP being injured, and
as such talk with others, but you may not help or interfere with any ongoing battle
in any way. You should also not log in a different character to rejoin a battle
with. For victims of official assassinations, special rules apply. Please see
7) While a character is gathering his or her belongings from his or her body they should keep their deathrobes on. This indicates to other players that the character is unattackable, and means the player cannot attack. A player should only loot his or her own body when the fighting has moved away from them as autoloot automatically drops the deathrobe to the ground and in the heat of battle people can get attacked that way. Once you have looted put your deathrobe back on, and retreat from battle.
8) If you are a part of an attacking force that is repelled, then you should stay away from the target you attacked for at least two hours. This is to ensure that the defenders get a period of time to recover, and to space the attacks over a realistic period of time.
9) If you run more than 3 screens away from the scene of a battle you have fled the battle and are not permitted to rejoin it.
Looting and Stealing
1) All characters should carry a bright yellow dyed bag, in which they should place items that may be looted or stolen. This can include, food, gems, ~500 gold pieces, and any other quest items.
2) Any character with the stealing skill must be pointed out by their player to their respective guildmaster.
3) The use of the stealing skill is only allowable in combination with at least 70 in the skill of snooping.
4) Thieves may steal food, drinks, gems and up to 500 gold coins per victim.
5) Each member of CORE must carry a bag dyed bright yellow. Items contained in this bag are considered stealable for thieves. There is no restriction as to what items may be placed in the bag.
6) If no bright yellow bag is carried by the victim, the thief may steal a single GM made weapon from the victim. The weapon can be restituated to the victim in exchange for the sum of 500 gold coins.
7) Quest-related items should be placed in the bright yellow bag to allow role-playing thieves to involve themselves in quests and acquire such items.
CoRE operates a system of recognised assassins and assassination contracts.
Professional assassins will have access to the private CoRE Contract Board, where contracts for assassinations will be posted, and where they can also be accepted.
To collect the prize money, the assassin must formally accept the contract. Once the deed has been successfully carried out, the assassin must provide proof of this, usually in form of a screenshot posted to the Contract board. To prevent misunderstandings, assassins should also place a note on the victim’s body explaining what happened (preferably IC).
Please note that assassins working on a legitimate contract are not required to give IC warning before attacking. They may also attack from being hidden. These are the only circumstances under which it is permissible to attack without warning!
Upon being successfully "assassinated", the victim must remain in deathrobes and not take an acive role in game for the remainder of the evening. You may not RP "being wounded" under these circumstances, although if you wish to RP “unconscious” you may do so. Furthermore, you must RP injured for the next TWO days, and will be unable to carry out your normal duties.
To place a contract, contact your guildmaster with details of who you wish to be assassinated, and the sum you are willing to pay. The guildmaster will contact the assassins guildmaster, who will OOC contact the target to ensure they are aware there is a price on their head and then post the contract on the Contract Board. (Only recognised assassins and guild GMs are able to see the Contract Board)
We wish to encourage professional assassins rather than opportunists. Therefore, an assassin should have the following relevant skills: Hiding, Stealth, a weaponskill, and optionally poisoning.
Assassins must follow a professional code of conduct: never divulge your employer, don’t harm innocents except in self defence, only strike with no witnesses, never loot (except yellow bag). If you break the code you lose your membership in the "unofficial" assassins guild (ie lose your board rights). After the first intake of assassins, new assassins will have to learn the trade by being apprenticed in game to an existing recognised assassin. The apprentice will be recognised as a fully trained assassin when his teacher and mentor deems him ready.
If you think you fit the bill, and become a recognised assassin with access to the contract board, contact your guild master.
Please note that for the time being, only CoRE member guilds may participate in the assassins system.
Third Party Involvement
1) If there is a real potential of a third party interfering (hovering with intent to loot a body) the participants in combat may choose to end the combat by emoting *CEASE*. Note that through game dynamics this may take a few seconds to be adhered to. Also note that such opportunist looting can only happen in Felucca.
2) If and how far players play along with attacks and storylines from players outside CoRE and its applicant list is up their own judgement.
Orcs may use Orc Bows, and Savages may use Tribal Spears. Guildmasters may allow their members to use magical weapons, jewellery and armour in PvM at their discretion. If you use such equipment, make sure you carry GM equipment just in case, and that you swap weapons and armour if needed.
None of these rules apply in Felucca against non-roleplaying guilds. Here you may use or wear magical weapons and/or armour; and cast any spells you wish, since we cannot always expect the citizens of that facet to abide by any rules of engagement or conduct. Do expect to be completely looted if you die though.
DO NOT use your CoRE character to go out PKing. You may of course defend yourself if you are attacked in Felucca, but you should not actively PK blues.